Monday, November 22, 2010

Catching Up on Sleep

We are very slow movers when it comes to doing house and yard projects.  For example, we had our house built 6 years ago.  We still haven't really done any landscaping, a very large portion of the house is still just white walls and we have the cheapest vinyl blinds in the windows that we got just so people couldn't look in.  I guess we can usually just find better things to do with our time.

Over a year ago, we re-did our bedroom.  We got new furniture, painted the walls and bought a new bedding set with curtains.  We did everything but put the curtains up.  We just never thought of it as a big deal.   I mean we had the curtain rod, curtains and valances but we were just too lazy to put them up. 

Finally, after all this time we got those curtains up and I must say, they look quite nice.  But the real treat is that our bedroom is actually dark at night.  I never thought it was a big deal before, but now that they're up there's a real difference. 

I guess I should tell you that one of our back door neighbors has a motion sensing spot light.  The thing is really bright and it turns on with every little rodent that goes by.  We have a ton of rabbits in the neighborhood, so the damn thing is on and off all night long.  I never really thought about it since once I'm asleep, my eyes are closed and therefore dark.  But let me tell you, I apparently have been lacking sleep for 6 years.  Since we've put those curtains up, I've sleep the longest and hardest than I have in the past six years.  Now I'm wondering, just how do you catch up on six years of sleep deprivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment