Sunday, September 11, 2011

My 9/11 memory

I was working for CompUSA installing Road Runner for Time Warner.  I used to listen to Bob and Tom in the mornings while I drove my van around to different jobs.  I heard the news on the radio and at that time they thought it was an accident.  I called my then husband to let him know the news.  I would only catch bits and pieces while I was in homes doing installations.

I also remembered my mother telling me two weeks earlier about a dream she had.  She had dreamed that she was in an airport (which is odd, because she doesn't fly).  She said in her dream she say Osama Bin Laden, I didn't know who that was and had to ask her who he was.  She said she was shocked that no one else noticed him.  She said after a little bit in her dream the airport had explosions and it started crumbling and there were large columns at the airport falling all around her.  I called her up and I reminded her of the dream she had told me two weeks earlier.  Of course, she didn't really have much to say on that.

Throughout the day, everything was eerily quiet.  I don't live too far from a commercial airport and a military base.  It's amazing how you miss those planes when they're not flying over.  I also remember throughout the day how awful I felt for those people, never getting the chance to see they're loved ones again.  How awful it was for people to die while at work.  I wished I would've been able to go through my life without one of those, I'll always remember where I was when..., moments.  I also distinctly remember being immensely grateful that Al Gore wasn't the President.  I know that many people hated President Bush and I certainly don't agree with everything he did.  But I knew he would adamant and decisive.  At least I knew when the man made a decision he thought was best for our country and well being.  I also he would follow through with any decision he made.

No comments:

Post a Comment