Sunday, July 7, 2013

Why the hate on the 'burbs?

Here is a random thought.  What I notice, is that there seems to be a lot of "hate" on the 'burbs.  In full disclosure, I live in suburbia.  There are things I like and things I don't like about it.  So, here is my list of what there is to like and dislike about living in the 'burbs.

What I like:

  • Not a lot of traffic
  • Neighborhood kids for my kids to play with
  • Clean
  • Fairly safe
  • Neighbors notice if something is not quite right. 
  • A great area for outdoor exercise
What I don't like:
  • Not much diversity
  • There seems to be an awful lot of rules and regulations.
  • Busy bees
  • I have to drive to most places
  • It's really hard to "bond" with neighborhood folks, when you don't watch sports or drink.
  • I would love to have goats or chickens or both and obviously that's not happening around here.
Ideally, I would like to be a bit more in the country.  It seems like the hate comes from city dwellers.  So tell me, what's so great about the city?  I would like to know if there's something that I'm not seeing that I may be missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment